Paragon Technology Group founded in the basement of Dr. Sassan Kimiavi and Gazelle Hashemian's Northern Virginia home, focusing on providing software engineering services to commercial clients, including DuPont-Merck Pharmaceuticals, SAIC, BNA Inc. and WinStart Telecom.
- Gazelle Hashemian as the majority owned business owner and president to help build strategy that expands the business into federal government contracting.
- Paragon receives subcontracts to support Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Army, and U.S. General Services Administration (GSA).
- Based on its commercial project performance, Paragon receives its first federal prime contract vehicle from GSA (GSA IT-70) and trains multiple resources in tools
and methodologies related to the emerging field of project portfolio management
- Paragon receives its SDB and 8a Certification from SBA.
- Paragon wins a federal subcontract to support the Treasury Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) with Capital Planning Services. In September of 2004, Paragon wins its first competitive prime contract with U.S. Treasury Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) to provide PPM services. The $64,000 contract leads to the award of a $3.5 million sole-source contract to Paragon based on Paragon's proven performance and customer satisfaction. Within two years, Paragon has 15 professionals supporting OCC in multiple areas of performance.
- Paragon wins prime contract to support Treasury OCIO with Capital Planning Services and continues expanding its services to Treasury OCC. Paragon also wins a subcontract to provide enroll agent (EA) services to the DHS USVisit Program and systems engineering and technical assessment (SETA) services to DHS Science and Technology (S&T) division. Paragon also receives a contract to provide Sprint-Nextel with project, program, and portfolio management services.
- Paragon wins new prime contracts to support Treasury OCIO with capital planning
services and EA services.
- Paragon wins a prime contract to support Treasury Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) with EA services and a subcontract to support Treasury U.S. Mint with capital planning and investment control (CPIC) and EA services.
- Paragon develops the ePMOds (enhanced PMO delivery system) methodology for establishing enterprise project management offices (PMOs). This methodology is a repeatable method for establishing and operationalizing programs and delivering project management services (or other types of program services) at any level within an
- Paragon wins a blanket purchase agreement (BPA) contract with Health and Human Services (HHS) to provide Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) with IT project management lifecycle services. This contract grows to a total value of more than $25 million, supporting multiple IT programs within CMS including all Medicare Part-D IT
- Paragon wins its first Department of Defense (DoD) contract (USTRANSCOM A&AS IDIQ contract), which enables Paragon to establish a DoD Services Division and expand services into the DoD market.
Paragon wins USTRANSCOM DS PMO contract to help manage the United States Transportation Command's (USTRANSCOM) IT procurement and sustainment. Paragon provides support and integration across all disciplines within acquisition program management in support of assigned IT programs.
Paragon receives a contract to support National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) with software development and maintenance services
- Paragon wins USTRANSCOM contract to provide total supply chain process improvement support services. USTRANSCOM is responsible for creating and implementing world class deployment and distribution solutions in support of the National Security Strategy. Paragon helps USTRANSCOM realize savings of more than $400 million through supply chain improvement initiatives.
- Paragon wins Best of NIEM 2009 for authoring Emergency OperationCenter--Interconnectivity (EOC-i), the information exchange package documentation (IEPD) that allows interoperability required for interagency emergency management.
- Based on its outstanding performance at NHLBI, Paragon receives a five year contract to provide application development and maintenance services to NHLBI.
- Paragon wins a contract to provide project management and business process reengineering services to the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ).
Paragon named one of the Future 50 Companies in the Washington DC Area.
Paragon’s three-year 247 percent growth puts the company on the 2010 Inc. 5000 list of
the fastest-growing, private companies in America.
For the second consecutive year, Paragon receives the NHLBI STAR Award for
demonstrating excellence in an effort that resulted in a significant contribution to the NHLBI mission.
Paragon wins U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) cybersecurity contract to provide
security and consulting services to support the development and implementation
of governance and risk management strategies for the USDA Cyber Security Program.
Paragon awarded Total Information Process Support Services-4 (TIPSS-4) contract to
provide management/business operations support services (MBOSS) and cybersecurity
Paragon is recognized again for interoperability leadership by being selected 2011 Best
of NIEM - Honorable Mention for the Paragon Automated Resource Typing System
(PARTS), a stand-alone, fully functional web based system to aid local emergency
managers with the capture and organization of resources.
Paragon receives a four-year contract to provide application support services to Defense
Intelligence Agency (DIA). This represents Paragon's first work for the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC).
Paragon wins Smart CXO award.
Paragon acquired by LLR Partners, one of the Mid-Atlantic's largest private equity
investment firms with over $1.4 billion under management.
Industry veteran Scott Friedlander joins Paragon as president and CEO to lead the
company's strategic growth, capability development and human capital initiatives.